The 35th annual ITSC conference in 2020 will be held in Heilbronn starting on the first of April!
#happylocalshappytourists – co-productive destination development
The theme of this year is happy locals, happy tourists. Each student delegation should prepare and present an original research paper based on some aspect of this theme
This topic calls for critical reflections on local resident involvement in destination development practices. More specifically, it places focus on the application of co-productive strategies for destination development, whereby a resident-centric approach becomes the source of competitive advantage. At the core of this topic is the adopted perspective that places that are great for residents are destinations that are great for visitors.
The conference will include
• A formal presentation, by the students themselves, of their delegation’s research paper.
• A presentation of every delegation’s institution and country/region, by means of ‘market stalls’ and posters set up by each delegation.
• Development of the conference theme through keynote lectures, presentations, workshops and discussion forums
• Familiarization with aspects of tourism management in the host town/region or country
• Social and cultural events to encourage interaction between students from the participating institutions